Thursday, December 20, 2012

The Last 6 Months...

Guess I'm not the best at keeping up with this, but I enjoy looking back at details and pictures of Leena's first year because it does go quickly and I do forget to much of it!  She just had her 9 month checkup and is doing well.  She weights just a bit over 18 pounds, is crawling, pulling to stand, walking along furniture, and pretty much never still.  This past fall has been fun.  Here are some of the highlights:


  • In early October - Mark and I ran a 50K race and half marathon, respectively,with good friends of ours, down in Georgia at Pine Mountain State Park.  It was my first trail race and I may be addicted. However, my clumsiness, as per usual, got the best of me and I wiped out/collided with a rock/tripped over a root (okay - still not sure what happened) at mile 9 and limped a good half mile with blood running down my leg before I got into the groove again and finished.  Mark came in 6th place overall and could barely move the next day.  My parents watched Leena while we were gone for this 3 day weekend getaway and she didn't miss us a bit hanging with them!

  •   Later this month, I went to Louisville for a quick trip and Leena dressed up in her baby bumblebee costume with her cousins Drew (a ferocious bear) and Harper (a ladybug).  She officially started crawling on this trip!  
  • The weather has been amazing!  Our friend Debbie did a family photo shoot and it only took 2 hours to get one photo of everyone smiling...

  • In November, we hosted Thanksgiving again.  We had about 20 friends and family over and ended the night with a firepit on the back deck.  Leena handled the attention and craziness well, and indulged in her first turkey dinner (I think she ate half my plate!).  Mark's parents came for the weekend and helped watch her so Mark and I got to run in the Boulevard Bolt 5 mile Thanksgiving Day race - an annual tradition.  



  • Now it's December and we're gearing up for her first Christmas.  This month has been fun - she's survived a few Christmas parties (and also babysitters while we go to parties sans baby).  The weather has been really warm so we've had plenty of days at the playground.  



  • Last week my friend Leigh Anne snagged some Emmylou Harris tickets at the Bluebird Cafe for us.  I love Emmylou!  That was a fun treat for both of us.  Here are my iphone shots from across the room:

  • Now we're packing up to head to both Louisville and Peoria for Christmas.  Leena has taken to disliking her carseat in recent months so this could be interesting...

    No comments:

    Post a Comment